JOURNEY, Ministry For Men
CONNECT, GROW, AND SERVEThe UCC Ministry For Men is now called "JOURNEY", where no man is alone. The goal of JOURNEY is to create opportunities to bring men together to forge friendships for fellowship, learning, discipling, mentoring and service.
This ministry is open to all men who are interested in developing a relationship with God, men who are new Christians and men who are long time Christians. Fellowship with other guys is a fundamental component of spiritual growth as a Christian.
In addition, God intended us to join together to serve Him, and serve each other while on our spiritual journey. If you feel isolated and not growing in faith, then you are encouraged to connect with this ministry. The following list describes a few opportunities and more events will be posted in the future.
Saturday, July 27 • 7:45 - 9:15 AM • UCC LobbyGreat Speaker, Great Food, Great Time! Time well spent to join other men in fellowship. More informaton will be posted soon. The event kicks-off at 7:45 am. $5.00 donation per person is appreciated. RSVP to Bill Herthel.
GUYS Wednesday Night Bible Study
Wednesdays • 7 PM • Room 111The Wednesday night men’s Bible study group meets every week, at 7 pm. This is an interactive and dynamic study group open to all men. The studying topics vary. Contact Bill Herthel to get current study material.
BridgebuildersBridgebuilders is a new branch of the JOURNEY Men’s Ministry, creating opportunities for men to establish caring relationships while performing service to the UCC congregation.
Some basic goals are:
1. Connect people and grow together as God intended for the Church, by serving, supporting, encouraging, and praying for each other.
2. Assist widows, single parents, families with special needs, elderly, families with members in military service, and others through good works based on long term relationships.
3. Create opportunities for men to serve alongside each other in teams of 3-4.
4. Follow Biblical principles to love one another. 5. Expand and enhance relationships within our church and community.
U.Cov. Four-On-Four Basketball League 2013Saturday morning league is running again, and is open to all who are 18 or older. Contact Joel Casey or Bill Loscutoff to enter and get hooked up; teams will be balanced to create an even, competitive league.
- Walking- Mondays at 6 PM, Nugget Field Parking Lot, Poleline and Moore - one hour brisk walk
- Running - To be arranged
- Hiking (occasional camping/day hikes) • Garry Pearson
- Motorcycle rides (occasional) • Bill Herthel
- Basketball (open-gym times) • Tim Peevyhouse
- Cycling (mostly Saturday rides) • Bill Herthel
Got an idea for getting together with the brothers? Contact Bill Herthel to get the word out and find others who might be interested.
No entries on calendar at this time
Conferences and Seminars
Ongoing Fellowship Opportunities
Men of FaithWednesday • 6:30 - 7:30 AM • UCC Room 109
This is an open men's Bible study group of men who like to get up early! Includes focused study and lively discussion. We drink Fresh Peet's coffee and some eat donuts. Contact David Cross for more information.
We meet for 90 minutes over breakfast. Our group time is split between personal sharing/ accountability (60min) bible study (15min) and other details (15min). We try to have an outing once every 1-2 months as a group or with our kids (kids range from 4-15 years of age). Contact Brent Meyer for more information.
Men of Oatmeal (MOO)
Keep your ears open, and contact Garry Pearson or Bill Herthel as new groups are forming all the time.
New Men's Groups are forming!
Let us know. From Bible studies to informal, relational get-togethers, plug into or take the lead with a group to discover that you're not alone as a follower of Jesus.
Willing to lead one?
For other information on UCC JOURNEY, contact Bill Herthel, JOURNEY Ministry For Men Coordinator.