Youth Group: The Next Generation
who we are
Youth Group: The Next Generation - 5th & 6th grade midweek youth group - exists to provide a safe place for students to discover who Jesus is and develop healthy relationships in a fun and creative environment. The group is largely led by student leaders from UCC's senior high ministry, under the direction of Youth Pastor, Alex Wright and the Director of KidZone (K6 Children's Ministry), Glen Nielsen.
"Next Gen" is for students in grades 5-6 and meets year round (with periodic breaks). Special events take place from time to time as well. Check out our upcoming schedule below.
For more information, contact Glen Nielsen .
youth group: the next generation - every tuesday from 7:15-8:30 pmWe meet weekly throughout the year upstairs in the Youth Center!
exceptions or additional info (2012-2013):
- Oct 30 - Costume Party (starts @ 7 pm)
- Nov 20 - Thanksgiving Week (NO MEETING)
- Dec 18 - Christmas Party (6:30 pm - 8:30 pm)
- Dec 25 - Christmas Week (NO MEETING)
- Jan 01 - New Year's Week (NO MEETING)
- Apr 02 - Spring Break Week (NO MEETING)
- Apr 09 - Family Life / Sex Ed Talk (Parents are welcome to attend!)
- Apr 16 - 6th Grade Goodbye Party (sending off 6th graders to Edge)
- Apr 23 - 4th Grade Hello Party (bringing in 4th graders to Next Gen)
- May 21 - Final Next Gen Meeting of the School Year!
- May 28 thru June 18 - Post-School Break (NO MEETINGS)
- Jun 27 - Next Gen Summer Edition Begins! (7:15 pm - 8:30 pm)
- Jul 4 - Independence Day / 4th of July (NO MEETING)
- Jul 11 - Breakaway Preparation Week (NO MEETING)
- Jul 18 - Breakaway Week (NO MEETING)
- Aug 15 - Final Next Gen Meeting of Summer (Movie Night)!
- Aug 22 thru Sep 5 - End of Summer Break (NO MEETINGS)
- Sep 12 - Next Gen School Edition (Fall) Begins!